It is well known that the Staff Selection Commission, commonly known as SSC organizes some of the most sought-after exams in India. These exams not only provide job opportunities but also career security with lucrative salaries. Therefore, every year many hopeful aspirants appear for the paper and their number keeps on increasing. One of the most popular exams conducted by SSC is the Combined Graduate Level Examination, commonly known as SSC CGL. This exam is to recruit Group B and C officers to various posts in top ministries, departments, and associations of the Government of India. Through this article, we are going to read about the examination process of SSC CGL. Furthermore, we will read some interesting facts about the Staff Selection Commission. This article is a must-read for all SSC aspirants. Now without any further ado, let’s begin reading.
Interesting Facts About The Staff Selection Commission
From the points learn some of the interesting facts about the institution called Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- The Staff Selection Commission, generally known as SSC is an organization that is responsible for recruiting staff for various Ministries and Departments of India.
- On 4 November 1975, the Indian government formed a committee called Subordinate Service Commission which was later renamed as Staff Selection Commission on 26 September 1977.
- The headquarter is found in New Delhi and works under the Department of Personnel & Training.
- The current executive of the Staff Selection Commission is Braj Raj Sharma.
- To fulfill this objective, the Staff Selection Commission arranges exams every year, such as SSC CGL, SSC GD, SSD JHT, SSC CGHL, SSC MST, SSC JE, SSC Stenographer, etc
- Through these exams, aspirants are recruited by different staff in different departments, ministries, and organizations in India.
- SSC is known to conduct exams that are considered to be one of the highly competitive exams in India which are taken by innumerable candidates every year.
- SSC provides one of the most sought-after job opportunities to young candidates across India. Therefore, whoever decides to take the exam must realize that the level of competition for SSC exams is increasing with every year and preparations for the SSC exams should be done beforehand to crack the exam.
- The vacancies are put out by SSC every year as per the necessity and are usually recorded in the thousands which help eligible candidates across India get employed.
Understanding The SSC CGL Examination Process
Go through the points below to understand the examination process of the SSC Combined Graduate Level.
- SSC holds the Combined Graduate Level exam nationally in four stages in both online and offline mode.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 of the Combined Graduate Level are computer-based exams. Their question papers are available in both English & Hindi except for the language subject.
- Tier 3 is a descriptive paper conducted in a pen and paper mode. Tier 4 is a Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test.
- SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II include negative markings. There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks in Tier I for each incorrect answer. In Tier II, 0.25 marks will be subtracted in Paper II, and 0.50 marks will be subtracted in Paper I, Paper III, and Paper IV for each incorrect answer.
- Finally, after fulfilling all the tiers, SSC reaches candidates for document verification.
- Candidates have to prepare for all tiers to get appointed for various posts under SSC CGL.
Furthermore, read all the necessary information related to the SSC CGL Answer Key to score yourself accurately. For more such interesting articles stay associated with us.